Monday, October 12, 2009

And the winner is...the Greedy side!



One of my favorite bloggers, Josie over at Yum Yucky, introduced me to the concept of my Greedy side. And, boy oh boy, did my greedy side win on our recent mini vacation to St. Louis. I knew I wasn't counting points or caring, and we'll see what the scale has to say about that. You may remember I did this when I vacationed in April, and gained 4 pounds, only to lose 5 the next week. I've been home for about 20 hours, and my legs still hurt from all the walking I did, so I'm hoping to have similar success this time round.

I weighed in early on Thursday, since I'd be gone Friday, and lost .2, which was weak, but expected, due to Mother Nature's quarterly gift of an immense chocolate craving (Seasonale=Quarterly, yippee!). That made me at a square 44 pounds lost.

But, dun dun dun. Then the greedy side decided to emerge. Warning, not for the weak...

Thursday
Breakfast: Hardee's Sausage Frisco Breakfast Sandwich, minus eggs, Potatoes, and Coke Zero.
Lunch: Work potluck, including a piece of glorious KFC and a Lofthouse sugar cookie, Water to drink
Dinner: Sonic's Chili Cheese Wrap and Popcorn Chicken, with a Diet Cherry Limeade
Exercise: Zilch-o, unless you count the driving. :)

Friday
Breakfast/Brunch: Crepe from "Crepes in the City" in downtown St. Lou--it had chorizo, cheese, red peppers, and maybe more, and was SOOOOO good! Diet Coke to drink
Dinner: California Pizza Kitchen--shared spin/choke dip with hubby, their new asparagus soup
(yum!) and 4 of 6 pieces (mini sized) of the wild mushroom pizza; Peach Lemonade to drink
Shameful Dessert: Large butterfinger shake from Steak and Shake...my belly hated me by the time I was done with it!!
Exercise: TONS of walking...first at City Museum, then TONS and TONS at the Galleria mall.

Saturday
Breakfast/Brunch: 1/2 brat and 1/2 bbq beef sandwich (shared other 1/2s with hubby) at Day Out with Thomas, as we didn't find breakfast along the way; Diet Coke to drink
Lunch: Max & Erma's: Shared Pretzel Breadsticks & Cheese w/hubby, had a "garbage burger" and fries (with mayo for dipping---total greediness); drank something fizzy and watermelony, but can't remember what it was called
Dinner: Old Spaghetti Factory: OMG total yummy greediness. It started with a salad, that I had full fat dressing on, a pesto-y ranch-y creation of goodness, then I had Chicken Marsala with the attachment of Spaghetti with Brown Butter & Cheese. I skipped the offered Spumoni for dessert, but my drink this evening was an Italian Cherry Cream Soda (real cream), and water
Exercise: TONS of walking...first at Day out With Thomas (which may have burned more calories than walking due to the slurching through mud that took place), had to park and walk for lunch, and then had TONS of walking at the zoo, though we did ride the train from place to place, there was lots of walking in between, and TONS of walking that evening while shopping, oh and we had to park and walk to the Spaghetti Factory

Sunday
Breakfast: Pirate Booty in the hotel room :)
Lunch: Turkey Club Sandwich, some good yummy vinagretty salad, fruit, and potatoes from First Watch, something we don't have around here, but I could eat at every day! Drink: Diet Coke
Late Afternoon Snack: 1/2 blondie with M & M's and a Raspberry Italian Cream Soda from Starbucks, and a Chicken Pita Snacker from Jack in the Box
Late Late Dinner (like 9 pm): Black & Bleu Salad from Quiznos
Exercise: Minimal walking throughout the day, though I did go grocery shopping after arriving home so that I could just stay home most of today (except I do have class tonight...boo).

Oh, and I should't forget to mention that I had lots of candy, unhealthy type chips and chex like snacks throughout the trip. And a coke icee somewhere in there too. Looking back, it's no wonder my stomach hurt most of the time. But, it was yummy, I'm done with it now, and am SO ready to be back on the bandwagon!!

About that shopping, did a pretty good job getting my size 20/2X fall wardrobe lined up. It was fun, but I hate spending money like that! Just need another pair or two of work pants and I'm gold!

Here's my pretty 44 picture, though I'm sure it no longer applies!

2 comments:

  1. Oh gawsh. Look at that list of delectable goodness! So sorry that the greedy side emerged, but it was vacation and that means FUN! And besides, vacation calories are 95% less effective than other kinds of calories.

    That's how it works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mouth was totally watering at Lofthouse cookie. mmmmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete