Saturday, February 19, 2011

And, we're back!

Fully enjoyed eating like crazy during the pregnancy. Welcomed my little bundle of joy (Oliver) on 12/2/10. Had Post Partum Depression, and didn't really eat much for a couple of weeks, while nursing for one of those weeks. Lost 30 of the 40 pounds I gained in pregnancy. Started to feel better and started eating again. Ate a lot of sweets while I stayed home with baby. Even started drink "real" soda more often than needed. Gained 20 of the 30 lost pounds back.

But...now we're back on WW. By we, I mean my husband and I! I weighed in at 265.6 and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't want me to share his weight. 265 is still 15 pounds less than when I started WW way back in February of 2009. I continued until March of 2010, when I got pregnant, and am now starting again (Feb. 18, 2011).

While I was "away," Points Plus came about. I don't really have a strong opinion about whether I like it or not, but I definitely like that fruit is free! I get 41 points each day.

Day 1:
Feeding baby at buttcrack of dawn snack: Banana
Breakfast: 1 c. fiber one shredded wheat cereal (dry) and a banana (5)
A.M. Snack: Apple (REALLY wanted chips, but resisted) (0)
Lunch: Leftover roast, mashed potatoes, 1/2 roll, and carrots and grapes (16)
P.M. Snack: Fruit Snacks after giving blood (I saved 3 lives!) (3)
Dinner: Subway--chicken breast on foot long flatbread with lots of veggies, no cheese, and vinegar, with 4 (yes 4) pringles--I have to have chips with sandwiches! (19)
After Dinner Snack: more grapes
*Dipped into my weekly extra by 3 points

Day 2:
Breakfast: 1 fried egg, 3 slices bacon, 1 piece toast with spray butter (6)
No A.M. snack!
Lunch: Jimmy Johns Unwich (Turkey, Veggies, Mayo) and 1/2 bag of "Thinny" chips and 2 clementines (instead of the rest of the chips--go me!) (10)
PM Snack: Pocky sticks and a bite or a few of my husband's air popped popcorn (1)
Dinner: BBQ Porkchop, chicken flavored rice, broccoli with cheese (10)
Bedtime Snack (hey, I had to use up the points!): Ice cream...full fat ice cream! :) (10)

I did remark to my husband "if I didn't have these points to blow, I would never eat this small bit of ice cream for 10 of my weekly points!"

By the way, my drink routine in the day is usually Diet Coke w/Splenda with breakfast (anywhere from 12-24 oz) and ice water throughout the rest of the day. I've always been a good water drinker, though I've also gotten pretty attached to 2% milk by the large glassful too, which will change now. I really hate to drink my points!!! Today I did have some Sprite Zero with a lime wedge and cherry in it (for some reason Sonic forgot to add the diet cherry syrup to make it a diet cherry limeade)!

Wish me luck! And, check back weekly for updates on how much I've lost, or possibly more often if I keep blogging what I eat and share the occasional recipe or two! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment